Yes, a deviation this week. Let’s chat about chick flicks for a moment. I love movies. I’m a huge movie watcher. I’ll watch anything and probably have watched some of the best, worst and well…probably way more movies than the average person. I have an enormous collection of dvd’s. Well if you count over 5,000 a lot, then I guess I have more than the average person.
Sure, I love to read, but sometimes I love a good movie, especially when I can get the whole story in about two hours. There’s some instant gratification getting through the plot, the character development and the end in one night. There are times I can’t get through a chapter of a book in a night depending on my time, but to relax and watch a movie…well I can find time for that-usually.
My top chick flicks in no particular order… remember, this is only my opinion. Everyone is welcome to tell me theirs.
1. Gone With The Wind -Yes, it’s a Margaret Mitchell book, but have you seen the size of that book. The movie is several hours long, but such a wonderful story.
2. The Notebook -Nicholas Sparks can tell a great story, and this is a beautiful love story.
3. Bridget Jones’s Diary -All of them are good, funny and enjoyable.
4. How Stella Got Her Groove Back -Yeah there’s something about the older woman, younger man and the struggle to make it work.
5. Beaches -Keep lots of kleenex closeby for this one. Damn, best friends are worth their weight in gold.
6. Hope Floats -Betrayal, new found love, and a new beginning. What could be better!
7. Practical Magic -Sisters! That just about says everything…except that they’re witches, which makes it soooo much better!
8. Love Story -Yep, I know it’s an old one, but so is Casablanca and that’s a classic. Still a tear jerker.
9. P.S. I Love You -Nothing more heartbreaking than losing the love of your life. If you haven’t seen this, get it and watch it!
10. In Her Shoes -Again with the sisters. One bad, one goody-goody…how will they ever meet in the middle. If you have a sister, you’ll understand this movie for sure.
11. Thelma and Louise -Nothing like getting into trouble and going on the ‘run’ with your best friend, with the cops chasing you. Fantastic movie.
12. The First Wives Club -Great actresses, unfaithful husbands and revenge make for a great partnership and a good story.
13. Up Close and Personal -Another unforgettable love story, and a sad ending. Pass the tissues.
14. Catch and Release -Sometimes you really don’t know someone at all. A very good movie.
15. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days -A good plot, great dialogue and a wonderful ending. HEA What more could you ask for?
16. Dirty Dancing -Patrick Swayze…need I say more?
17. The Twilight Saga -All of them. I’d watch them again, and have. Still love the books more, but I like seeing it come to life on screen.
18. A Star is Born -Still one of my all time favorites even if it’s an old movie. Love the plot, love the characters, and yes, pass more tissue!
There are so many more…The Blind Side, While You Were Sleeping, My Best Friend’s Wedding, The Wedding Planner, The Wedding Date, Titanic, Notting Hill, Runaway Bride, Sweet Home Alabama, The Holiday, Waiting To Exhale, The Devil Wears Prada, Pearl Harbour, Serendipity…damn I know I’m leaving out so many here, but these are just some of my favorite chick flicks.
Sometime, I’ll list my favorite supernatural movies, or just favorite movies…
Tell me some of yours……..
Filed under: Daily Blog | Tagged: chick flicks, movies, top chick flicks, top movies | 8 Comments »